How Mingus Came to Be....

11lbs, 7 inches

Once upon a time, Gloria of Ni River Labs,
http://hometown.aol.com/nirivlab/
became a proud grandmom to a new set of pups!

Her two Champion dogs, Savvy and Martha(pictured left) had a gorgeous litter with one special boy among the bunch.

Meanwhile just outside of DC, Kris(jazz bassist) was all set to propose to Paige(actress/dancer). He had the magnificent, brilliant and dope idea to propose with a puppy who would wear the engagement ring on its collar. Kris knew that I would be overwhelmed with joy! After all, I would be marrying the man of my dreams and together we would be able to raise a puppy of our own.

Kris did a great job researching breeders. It was the only direction to go in after he had no luck with several shelters. He also knew that I was a long time lover of the Labrador Breed, as I grew up with Ninja, a black lab for most of my childhood. Later on we would help to dog-sit my Aunt Debbie's fun-loving, chocolate lab Beau. Kris was interested in other breeds but ultimately decided that a Lab would be the best choice. Yay Labs!

Kris met Gloria on the night he was planning to propose. As he looked at the new litter, one special guy peeked his interest. This 8-week old puppy was relaxed, yet very attentive and curious. It was puppy love at first sight!


THE PROPOSAL:
Kris and the new puppy drove more than 2 hours to get back home. I was home working on some choreography, when Kris came in all stealth like. I couldn't see him so I didn't pay him any mind. Finally Kris got my attention and I was shocked and surprised to find a puppy walking around upstairs with a necktie on as its leash. Kris kept asking me to take off the necktie, but I was too shocked that we had a puppy in the house.


Finally I took off the necktie to reveal the rings....Kris got on one knee....and the rest is history!
I'm still recovering from the overwhelming sense of happiness from that moment! What a dream!

Turns out this puppy was beyond special...he was symbolic! A symbol of Kris' devotion to me and to our future life together. He's a true love puppy and we couldn't be happier to solidify our relationship with a common love for our new family member.



2 comments:

sincerelyniah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sincerelyniah said...

Ok...can you say a true love story!!!! That is the sweetess thing i have ever heard. You two are perfect together and I am so freakin' happy for you!!!! Mingus has two very awesome parents if i may say so myself. :o)